- This event has passed.
UNYCC Goes to The Little Speed Shop’s Annual Fun Run to Watkins Glen for Opening Day 2021
April 10 @ 7:30 am - 3:00 pm
The event itself is open to the public and organized by The Little Speed Shop. To assemble and drive with the Upstate New York Car Club on the Fun Run and the Watkins Glen International race track, however, you must be a UNYCC Member.
Info for UNYCC Members and Members’ Guests ONLY
- 4:30 AM – Meet at Knapps Car Wash, 209 Elmira Road, Ithaca, NY to make sure your car is clean.
- 5:00 AM – Leave the car wash for The Little Speed Shop (TLSS), 1770 Emerson St, Rochester, NY 14606.
- 7:00 AM – UNYCC arrives early at The Little Speed Shop (TLSS) so that the club can park together near the front of the lot. The lot fills up quickly.
- 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM: Cars and Coffee at The Little Speed Shop. Marty’s Meats will be serving breakfast.
- 8:45 AM – Everyone leaves The Little Speed Shop for Watkins Glen.
- 10:30 AM – Arrive at the Glen: We will arrive at the Glen and get in line to do our paced laps.
- 12:30 PM – After the Laps: You are free to purchase another set of laps or take off and enjoy the day in the Finger Lakes.
- ALL attendees, passengers and drivers, MUST purchase a ticket with The Little Speed Shop in order to attend this year’s event.
- Individuals are who are NOT UNYCC Members CANNOT drive in a separate car with the UNYCC, BUT the non-members can ride in UNYCC Member vehicles as long as they purchased a ticket from The Little Speed Shop.
- Check the weather so you can dress for the conditions.
- If possible, wear your club apparel to show your club pride and promote the club.
- Bring cash for food (i.e. breakfast and/or lunch).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Why do we have to leave so early to get to The Little Speed Shop?
The event’s parking lot fills up pretty quickly, and when we’ve arrived on time in the past, we had to park separately and some members had to park far away from the main area, which also increased the chance of our group getting separated on the drive from TLSS to Watkins Glen.
2. Can we just go directly to the track?
There might be another group from the club that will opt to go directly to the track, instead of stopping at The Little Speed Shop’s Cars & Coffee first. If that’s what you’d like to do, please inquire in our private online chat to see what the plans are for that group instead of joining this one. This page is created ONLY for the people going to The Little Speed Shop first, not for the group going directly to the Watkins Glen track.
From The Little Speed Shop
Updated: April 5, 2021
Join us for The Little Speed Shop’s 10th Annual Fun Run 21 to Opening Day at Watkins Glen International on Saturday April 10th, 2021. It has been a long year without hosting any car events at the shop and we are excited to get together with all of our favorite enthusiasts and celebrate opening day of track season. Space is limited to 100 cars in our group this year due to Covid Regulations and tickets are required for entry into the Pre-Run Cars and Coffee at TLSS. Tickets are $10 and the proceeds are going to a cause near and dear to us, Ethan DiIlio’s Heart Transplant Go Fund Me.
The event will start at TLSS at 7:30am for a socially distanced Cars and Coffee before we head out to the Watkins Glen International for laps around the track. Marty’s Meats Food Truck will be at TLSS selling breakfast. We will take off for the track between 8:30 and 9:00am. Fun Run 21 shirts will be on sale at the event along with all of our other cool merch. The Little Speed Shop’s new race shop will be open as well for our guests to check out.
As usual we will be riding rain, snow, or shine. Bring your car fueled up and ready to go. This is a great opportunity to get a bunch of your car buddies, car club members, or teams together to ride. Whether you are an experienced track professional or driving the family minivan with your kids, this event is guaranteed fun for all. We look forward to our clients, family and friends coming together for this exciting day.
For more information and updates follow our Facebook Event Page.
Due to Covid regulations, this year we are limiting the number of cars that are able to attend to 100. There is also some new regulations, so follow the 4 STEPS on The Little Speed Shop event webpage to attend.
THE EVENT IS SOLD OUT. JOIN US MAY 15th FOR CARS AND COFFEE ROCHESTER AT THE LITTLE SPEED SHOP.
Schedule · Saturday, April 10, 2021
- 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM: Cars and Coffee at The Little Speed Shop: Marty’s Meats will be serving breakfast
- 8:45 AM: Take off for The Glen: We will all take off around the same time to head to the Glen.
- 10:30 AM: Arrive at the Glen: We will arrive at the Glen and get in line to do our paced laps.
- 12:30 PM: After the Laps: You are free to purchase another set of laps or take off and enjoy the day in the Finger Lakes.
From Watkins Glen Track
Updated: April 5, 2021
This is Opening Weekend at The Glen (April 10-11, 2021), providing fans with the opportunity to drive their own vehicle on the track to benefit the facility’s Racing and Community Enrichment (R.A.C.E.) Foundation. Individuals and car clubs are both welcome to participate in this unique opportunity to experience one of the most historic circuits in the world first-hand.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL PARTICIPANTS INSIDE THE VEHICLE MUST PRINT AND BRING THE REQUIRED TRACK AND COVID WAIVERS TO THE EVENT. ONE WAIVER PER ADULT. CLICK THE BUTTONS BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE WAIVERS. MINOR WAIVERS ARE REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18.
Link to Waivers
Additional information and rules include:
- We ask that COVID & Track waivers printed in advance and brought to the event
- COVID & TRACK WAIVERS MUST BE SIGNED IN PERSON (with personal writing utensil) AT THE EVENT IN THE PRESENCE OF TRACK PERSONNEL.
- All participants are required to remain in their personal vehicles.
- No public restrooms will be available.
- Vehicle MUST be street legal. Motorcycles, rental cars, ATVs, golf carts and/or large capacity vehicles (15 passenger vans & buses) will not be permitted to drive the track.
- Drivers must be 18 years or older and valid driver’s license & insurance required upon arrival.
- Minors in vehicle must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian.
- All occupants must remain inside the vehicle at all times, with seatbelts on. Passengers are not permitted in truck beds.